Friday, August 3, 2012

Get Checked.

I have had an eventful couple weeks. I went into my dermatologist on July 17th for a complete mole/skin check.  I try to go at least once a year, just to make sure everything is ok.  I had one mole removed because it didn't look "right".  One July 25th, I got the call that I had melanoma...skin cancer.  I was able to get in and see a surgeon on the 27th and had surgery yesterday, August 2nd to have the spot removed.  I am lucky that this was caught very early and I should be fine.  I will have to see my dermatologist every 3 months for the next couple years.  I just hope that everyone who hears about my situation will go get checked out too.

My battle wound
 

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be getting checked again soon....it's scary stuff!! Enjoy mom waiting on you for the next couple of days!!

    ReplyDelete